Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1, 2007

Well today I had practice from 6-9. We started our warm-up and did everything from simple jumps to casts on the bars. Then we started beam so I put on my beam shoes (new accessory) and went over. Our coach, Mrs. Tamara, went to a thing called congress on Friday and Saturday so she was telling us about it. She was showing us the proper forms and dance for the beam. We did our walks and she started us on our connections. Since my connection is back walkover back tuck that's what I did. I did a couple and on one, I was landing my back tuck but one of my feet missed the beam. I fell but I was ok. Then I did it again, this time I landed sideways and kind of hurt my ankle, but it wasn't major. Then we went on to floor. I did lots of front layouts and then our coach, Sergei, told us to do back tumbling. I did two back layouts, two back fulls, then I started working on one and a half. I landed most of them and did pretty good on them. Then we conditioned and went home. ALSO, today my mom sent my website to all of my teachers. They all said something positive to me. When I got home my mom was checking her e-mail. One of my teachers, Mrs. Carlson, had donated money to help our family financially in my gymnastics. I'm so grateful. Well that was pretty much my day. Have a good one!!

Majesta Valentine


P.S.
Thanks to all who donated!!!

Web donations-
Aunt Jo
Mrs. Carlson

Business card advertising donations-
Mid- Atlantic Consultants, LLC- Aunt Jo
InnovativEnergy- Joseph and Bev Kozlowski
Grandmom, Mom, Dad, Kristina, Colton, Reeger, Chris, and Kyle

No comments: