Monday, November 12, 2007

Fall Frenzy My First Meet - Level 8

Saturday, November 11, 2007 was my first meet in level eight. It was pretty fun considering some of the mess ups I did. All the optionals competed together. Level seven started on bars and levels eight, nine, and ten started on vault. I was third competing. I decided I was going to go for a tsuk pike and I ended up falling on my butt. I went again doing tsuk tuck and my score was an 8.825. Next event was bars. I did pretty good except when I was going down after my cast turn my legs hit the floor, my score on this event was an 8.525. Next was beam, my best event. I stuck my routine and it was really solid. I ended up getting a score of a 9.4. Last event was floor, I did pretty ok but I could of done much better, my score was a 9.175. According to my dad I didn't try my best. My all-around was second place with a score of 35.975. My bars and beam got me second place and my floor and vault got me third.
A cool thing is that Shannon Miller
and Sean Golden visited our gym on the day of our meet. They talked to us and we got some autographs. A cool thing that she did was...she autographed.......
our competition beam
and took a team picture with us. I got a couple pictures of them also. A funny thing also happened when we were waiting for scores. The coaches had a handstand contest, Sergei put in a good effort but he didn't win.

Well, that was my meet!

Post a comment and tell me what you think or send to Kristienix@aol.com


~Majesta Valentine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.