Sunday, January 13, 2008

BARB KNOTHE INVITATIONAL 2008

Well the meet is over and it was a long but fun weekend...we had close to 400 gymnasts come through our gym. There were 64 Level 8 gymnasts, I competed against 15 girls that were age 12 (that's my age). I got First Place All Around with a score of 36.600!!


We started on vault. I thought I wasn't going to do so well and I was really nervous. I ended up sticking both of them though. My score for vault was a 9.125. On my bars I had a rough warm-up. I just started doing a new routine with free-hip on high bar. So in my warm-up when I was doing my free-hip, I went forward and put my foot on the high-bar. It was just a big mess up. But I did well when it came to the competition, my bar score was 9.15. Next was beam, my warm-up was normal and I was first. I fell on my back walkover back tuck but I still got a 8.975 on beam, I thought that was pretty good. Last was floor, I have to say that it was great. On both my warm-up and competition I did well, my score on floor was a 9.35. In all-around I ended up getting first place. I also got a scholarship to Gattaca Camp. It was given to all first and second place winners of all levels.
Our team got First Place for Team Award!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing Routine! Very nice Height!

Anonymous said...

nice height on the layout fly-a-way!! awesome routine too!

Anonymous said...

wow I typed m name in this is what it brought up I never here my name said enless its by someone I know i kept hearing ppl yelling in the background come on Majesta lol your good though keep it up....