Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Yurchenko Meet

Well one thing that I can say is that I did horrible. My all around was a 34.425 or something like that. We started on Bars. In my low bar I kept hitting my feet on the ground after cast turn as usual. Then on high bar I just couldn't get a hang of it and kept hitting my feet. So in my meet I hit my feet after cast turn and bent my legs... A LOT!! I ended up getting a 8.275. Then the rotation took us to beam. As we were warming up, I only stuck about one or two of my connections. Also, while I was trying to do my mount, my foot slipped and I hit my knee on the beam. It hurt really bad. In the meet I fell on my connection (back walkover back tuck) and also on my switch leg leap. My score was horrible with an 8.3. Next was one of my best events, floor. I did real good. No major mess ups took place. Just a little of the usual ones like bent legs, unpointed toes. My score was 9.2. Last was vault. In warm up I only stuck one or two of them, I was nervous. I wasn't exactly sure what I was planning on doing. The first one I did tsuk tuck. I fell on my butt so Sergei told me to do tsuk pike. I did it and stuck it but the score was still pretty bad with a 8.65. Well I guess you could consider this as a good thing. Its my first 34 ever! And I just checked, I came in 19th place, go me!! OOPS...I just checked again 12/18/07 and I came in 10th place. I guess that everyone is destined to have at least one bad meet!!

~Majesta

No comments: