Sunday, February 17, 2008

AQUAFINA TEAM CHALLANGE

Wow did I have a big weekend! It started out on Friday night... we drove down to Connecticut, which was about three and a half hours (talk about long time!). I got settled in and started walking around with the girls from my team. We had lots of fun but I thought that at 12:30 it was time for me to go to bed. I got up at about 8:00am the next morning (Saturday) to eat breakfast, I had it with my teammate Bailey. After that we went to the meet. I got there early so I watched some of the session before me. When our competition started, I found out that I started on bars...nerve wrecking much? I ended up actually doing free-hip on high-bar (yay me!!) and my routine was pretty good, for me, (I though anyways)......My score was an 8.45...and I came in 6th place. Next was beam, I just got new beam shoes and I didn't get to try them out on the beam before this meet. Oh well! Well I stuck my routine and got a 9.425 which took 1st place. Then was floor, I liked it. I thought that I had a pretty solid routine and I got a 9.125 (surprisingly that didn't even take a place!). And finally was vault, The landing was pretty hard and it hurt my ankles but I dealt with it, my score for that was a 9.15 and I came in 3rd place. In all around I ended up getting 3rd place with a 36.15. What a big day!!

That night we ended up back at the meet for level 9 & 10 event finals. Lauren (vault & floor), Haley (beam) & Mia (beam) qualified for the finals. Lauren got second place on floor, she won a video ipod. Great job to all!!!

It's not over though!! I qualified for event finals which were held the next day. Which meant we had to stay another night.... yippee!!(not!!) I qualified on beam...DUH! Well I had a lot of time to warm up but somehow I forgot to warm up front walkover... I did it anyways... I stuck my routine but got a low score of 8.9..... :'( I thought that I should have gotten better than that but oh well! It still got me third place which was a Vera Bradley Bag. I really wanted second place so I could have gotten the video ipod but..... things happen for a reason...
Well keep checking out the blog and leave lots of comments!!! =]
I'll try to post as much as possible!!
See ya later!!


~Majesta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks